M14 Forum banner

Rear lug dimensions

879 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  John Coleman
I’m curious if anyone knows the USGI dimensions for the rear lug that was added to NM M14s. How do commercial copies compare (i.e. LRB, SEI, SAI, etc)…
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
Custom service rifle builder
9,262 Posts
This is kind of an interesting conundrum. SEI, Armscorp and a couple of others used a rear lug that is basically very close to the original mil spec 9352637 dated 21 Jan 86. LRB Arms lug is similar, but extends slightly lower than mil spec. SAI uses a lug that is completely out of spec and does not include a screw hole for a torque screw. It's kind of interesting that the Gov't. drawing mentioned doesn't include a hole for the torque screw either.
At any rate, they all seem to do what they are intended to do when bedded properly.

· Registered
973 Posts
My first lugged receiver was a cast SEI receiver. The lug was threaded for a screw. I then bought an SAI lugged receiver when SAI first started offering them. The lug had a much larger (oversize) non-threaded hole in it. A few years later I was told the larger, non-threaded hole was designed for a flanged bushing that fit from the top of the lug hole and was was threaded in the center for a screw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.