M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
what the....

I would think it's a jail sentence waiting to happen. Doesn't mention having to send it to a class 3 dealer, leads me to believe that he doesn't know what he has (most likely an unregistered machine gun).

You'd buy it, have it transfered to your FFL, the FFL would to to run your background, and they'd be doing the hold music while the LEOs were on the way.

At least that's what I think about it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Why would an unsuspecting innocent buyer go to jail?

Why would an innocent go to jail? I don't see the full auto switch in place, so why would someone who truly doesn't know and without an expert's reason to suspect something be in such trouble?

Doesn't seem right. If I didn't come here on occasion I could see myself bidding for it and never knowing.

In any event, are people SURE it is illegal?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Chances are that an innocent buyer may not do jail time, but the seller will have a lot of explaining to do. The buyer will have to surrender his rifle to the ATF. This could also be an ATF sting. Buyer beware.

Run Forest run.

Regards

Ox

·
Banned
351 Posts
Ignorance of the law is no excuse in a prosecution. This thing if legal, is worth about 25-30K.

That the auction starts at about 24 hundred with no reserve is very odd, indeed.

The seller makes no reference to a transfer only to a Class III dealer, which is also very odd.

This is not just another "gun". It's a U.S. Govt. made and military issued machine gun. To be legal owned, it must have a paper trail of how it got into civilian hands.

No answers to any of this stuff is mentioned in the ad. They seem to be offering it as like it is just another gun for sale.

Very weird.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
OH noRNGR3 here we go again dont look just run away as pretty as she isdont look at here straight in the eye, for Gods sake she still has part of the fun switch there now man if i didnt know better she'd be mine, i cant look anymoreRNGR4

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
i sent him a message explaing what he was selling and asked if he had papperwork for it and if he did to skip the auction and i would fly out this week with $8000 in handDI5 just curious on his reply but serious if he has the paperwork, I dought he does

·
Registered
3,997 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Why would an innocent go to jail? I don't see the full auto switch in place, so why would someone who truly doesn't know and without an expert's reason to suspect something be in such trouble?

Doesn't seem right. If I didn't come here on occasion I could see myself bidding for it and never knowing.

In any event, are people SURE it is illegal?
ATF only sees it one way Once a machine gun Always a Machine Gun PERIOD

·
Registered
252 Posts
Now that would be a great birthday present to myself today, until the "No Knock" delivery boys showed up.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.