M14 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I should be getting my GS and trigger group back next week. With that, when re-assembling is there anything I should be aware of in regards to the GS? Go I torque the GS plug down to anything specific? What about the GS front screw down band?
I know the mallet advice for the flash-hider for the castle nut.

Thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
Most people torque the gas plug to 10 to 15 ft/lb (120 to 180 in/lb). I do mine to 13 ft/lb. Most also scratch an index mark on the plug and lock to visually make sure the plug tightens to the same spot every time its tightened. Also gives a quick visual if it gets loose.

The "screw down band" is called the gas cylinder lock. It should tighten to about 4 to 5:30 with a little finger pressure. To get to six o' clock firm pressure of the thumb.

Make sure the gas plug threads in the gas cylinder are clean and the cylinder and piston are dry and free of oil before installation. Put a small amount of grease on the gas plug threads before tightening. Make sure you use a gas cylinder/lock wrench when you tighten the gas plug. If you don't already have one Sadlak has a nice one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts