M14 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wondering about the crimping style on RCBS dies and i have discovered that they are all roll crimp unless stamped with TC on the actual die. I have a FL and small base die, and on the small base box it says T/C, but the seater/crimping die has no TC marking on the actual die itself. I am just wondering if this T/C on the box stands for tungsten carbide, or if it is a taper crimp die?

If there's anyway i can tell by looking please let me know, however i have not had a need for crimping any rifle rounds yet. I figure i may come across a box of cannalured bullets somewhere in the future and get the urge to crimp just a hair so i'm investigating ahead of time.

Thanks for any advice in advance

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
It stands for Taper crimp. I crimp all of the ammo I load for my semi autos with a lee factory crimp die I find it to work better then the RCBS Taper crimp and roll crimp. But the taper crimp or roll crimp will work just fine to just in what you find to work best.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I second the idea to just get a Lee Factory crimp and if crimping is needed do it in a separate step.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts