M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure as many of you do, I get asked many questions about all things gun related. People often drop lead, brass, and reloading equipment off at my door... like abandoned children, to see if I can adopt them or at least find them a good home. If it's something valuable I'll advise them to sell or at least trade the equipment for something they can use.

The latest is this Green Machine, I haven't seen one of these in a ****'s age. This one is fully functional with only a bit of surface rust. It came with a good selection of dies in most of the popular pistol calipers and half dozen of Dandy powder measure cylinders. The guy I got this from is getting into reloading for the first time but is only looking to reload rifle cartridges (270 win, 270 wsm, and 300 wm) the Green Machine is obviously not gonna do him any good. I see these occasionally for around $100 bucks on the web.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Are you going to get the green machine running? I have seen videos of them loading, very different than the progressive dillons I am used to. It sure looks to be a solid cast iron machine!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Never used one. In line production?
Custom dies? For free, worth a try to see if you can get it to turn out consistent ammo. I'm becoming more of a fan of the Hornady Lock-n-load the more I use it for pistol.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Man that is cool!! I am a big Dillon guy myself, but I would love a project like that sometime. Can't wait to see it up and running. GI5

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
What caliber is it as they are caliber specific? I used to have two, one in 38/357 and the other in 45acp. I sold the 38/357, but still use the 45acp.
The press operates in a straight line and one set-up properly will crank out the ammo. I have mine set to load 230 grain ball as that is what I shoot the most.
That press will need a good cleaning especially the guide plates as they will cause the cases to stick. Also I am not sure I would use those dies without checking them out to ensure there is no rust inside them. If you only see a little surface rust you might be able to clean them up with Flitz.
If your press is a 9mm and want to sell it let me know.

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,606 Posts
This one is fully functional with only a bit of surface rust.
You have a major opportunity in front of you to excel here geeck. Good luck.

DI5

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Down here in the Deep South Rubber tends to rust... so its hard to get on a guy about rust. Plus this came from the widow of a deceased police office, to a retired police officer to me. I'll get it up and running, all the parts are there and if it is custom dies I beleive those are in the pile of stuff that came with it.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I just watched a short vid and even though I am a Dillon Fan Boy I think it's very cool... and for me I would like to set it up and run ammo thru it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.