M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winchester Mod. 65,..... The rarest model of Winchester ever made !

I recently acquired this Winchester Model 65 in 25-20, Shes a rough old girl on the outside (The bore and internals are unbelievably nice !),... But shes rare !... These were the lowest production Winchester ever made, A total of 5,710 produced. They were made in .218 Bee , 32-20, and 25-20,... (The rarest caliber being the 25-20 ). Thought you guys would get a kick out of seeing it before I find it a new home,... Because these puppy's are RARE !

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
I've never seen one of these. Why are you letting it go? dumb ? on my part , $$ of course. I'd have to get a box of shells and give her a workout B4 she left. You owe that to yourself, Are you ever gonna get another chance?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never seen one of these. Why are you letting it go? dumb ? on my part , $$ of course. I'd have to get a box of shells and give her a workout B4 she left. You owe that to yourself, Are you ever gonna get another chance?
Yep,.... it's rare, But I'm hot on the trail of a 1911 Union Switch & Signal, and if it comes up, I need to be able to negotiate for it.... I have a dozen guns already in the "keep pile" that I gave a "workout", Because I wanted to see how they shoot before I sold them,..... Sometimes when you shoot em' ya fall in love with them,...... The "keep pile" is getting way to big.....

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Yep,.... it's rare, But I'm hot on the trail of a 1911 Union Switch & Signal, and if it comes up, I need to be able to negotiate for it.... I have a dozen guns already in the "keep pile" that I gave a "workout", Because I wanted to see how they shoot before I sold them,..... Sometimes when you shoot em' ya fall in love with them,...... The "keep pile" is getting way to big.....
I understand, over the years I've bought a few I just "had to have" , shot a magazine through them and discovered I really didn't have to have them & they left almost as fast as they came. But my keep pile kept growing too, Damn shame isn't it?

Reactions: charlie98

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
The models 53 , 55 ,64 ,65, and 71 were Winchesters last ditch effort to bring sales back up on what was formally some of there best production rifles 1886 , 1892 , 1894
These new models were made with some of the more common special order options,such as pistol grips ,tapered round barrels ,shorter mags ,shotgun butts etc.
I've seen them at gun shows but not that often . Muroko made a few Browning 65's.

·
Registered
796 Posts
That's really cool.

My dad still regrets having to sell his model 64 when he was about 15 because his father unexpectedly died a year or so earlier. My grandma was a young widow and needed the cash. He was able to hold on to the savage 99 and police positive. 2 very valued treasures in the safe because I never got to meet my grandfather and those two things are the only things I have that my grandpa touched and sweated and bled on while hunting. He died in 1957 and my dad only has a few photos of him and the 2 guns.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I had a Mdl 65 in .218 Bee several years ago that was in really rough shape. I traded it to my gunsmith for some work. He did a beautiful restoration on it.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Nice Winchester! Fairly rare like you said. A friend of mine has a very low serial number Colt Burgess. That is a very, very rare rifle!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice Winchester! Fairly rare like you said. A friend of mine has a very low serial number Colt Burgess. That is a very, very rare rifle!
I wrote this wrong,.... It's one of the rarest "Winchester production rifles" ever made.....

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a Mod 65 and Mod 43 in .218 Bee, my dad's favorite varmint round . I traded the M65 for a FAL from the LGS, ended up trading it back. Guess I was too attached to it, and the LGS understood that. You just don't see the 65's that much anymore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.