M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Imo, it is not military but dod commercial purchase contract. Most likely for security guards such as at los alomos, sandia labs or washinton security.

Reactions: Phinehas

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Very interesting. Normal looking Winchester 'WCC 95' military brass & primer , Normal military ammo box with some different markings. Numbers with an X ending usually mean experimental of some sort. Quite possibly meant for Special Ops covert anti terrorist work where the Hague Accords on expanding ammunition does not apply. Delta Force and Marine Recon still used worked 1911s back in 95. Still do along with the H&K SOCOM .45 pistol.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
E2 I believe you are correct, not everything SOCOM does is subject to the Rules of Land Warfare. Also while the US abides by the Hague Accords I don't believe they ever signed them.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Imo, it is not military but dod commercial purchase contract. Most likely for security guards such as at los alomos, sandia labs or washinton security.

I have some of the exact same ammo packaged in a box labeled Ranger - For law enforcement use.

But that is very cool.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yeah, probably USSOCOM ammo. All the DoD civilian guards/security I've run across all carry Beretta's w/ 9mm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.