M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for grins: I don't think I have shown this old movie before. Just ran across it today.

This was from a few years ago, with me and my Roland Beaver M1A.

200 yard , rapid fire stage, NRA Across The Course match.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3reB4ZZ7NE[/ame]

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I look rather professional, wouldn't you agree?

After that last shot, I can't see if I squeezed the trigger again or not (I normally don't count the shots), but if I did, the muzzle never budged! Cool and collected.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Nice rifle! Is that the McMillan Oversize camo stock? My barber has the same rifle! Love the matches and can't wait to shoot in one again myself! Thanks Dave for the video!

·
Banned
937 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I could not help notice how nice the firing line is. It looks like a golf course. We are envious - out here in the Rockies where the firing lines are gravel/dirt/rock/uncomfortable.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Dave P
Your form looks pretty good.

I have never shot a Roland Beaver M 1-A, But I have shot a few of Roland Beaver M1 Garands, both 30/06 and 308 Tankers.

He builds one very nice rifle...

I have never shot any better...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Great video, Dave!

I love watching close-ups of rapid strings. We need more videos like this of people shooting the M14 in high power/service rifle.

There is almost nothing cooler than a 14 dressed in a McMillan shooting against pea shooters. Separates the men from the boys, in my opinion!!

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is at the Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club ( notice the no mention of scatter guns!!) in Florida.

It is the "last" club range in Florida with full pits, going to 600 yards. Anyone can shoot the matches there.

My score? Not sure, but it was not a clean - I think the only clean I ever did was in a JC Garand match at 200 yards. With the -14, I was a Expert, or maybe Master level for a while. They changed the rules about then, dealing with 600 vs 1000 yards being "long range".

The rifle did help me win the match and get me (10?) LEG points one day. I was not even aware of how well I was doing until we got to the 600 prone stage - where I normally did very well. A buddy told me that I was on top of the pack (thanks for putting the pressure on me!).

It was great beating all those guys with their AR's that day!

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is true: I am younger and more handsome (smarter, too) than that old fart. Just because he is a much better shooter, and has a few more hairs ...

·
Banned
937 Posts
The Heavy Iron Prevails!!!

The rifle did help me win the match and get me (10?) LEG points one dayGI1. It was great beating all those guys with their AR's that day!
Excellent story!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great form, you look focused! Don't whoop up on the black rifle crowd to badly! GI5

That is a beautiful range. Like others have said here in the west, it is all rock, very uncomfortable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.