M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a couple pistols that I had not shot. I went today. It was a great day and the wife unit went with. Happy fathers day to me.

The last one is my newest Grandson. I can't wait to take him out there. I just had to show him off. He is 4 weeks old. Came out with a head full of hair and holding his head up by himself. That is the strongest baby I ever saw in my life.

The only trouble I had was, that 1911, had some feeding issues and failed to eject on a regular basis.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nice way to spend Fathers Day! And congrats on your newest grandson, I bet he'll be a handful.

He has a wild look in his eyes already. Chip off the old block, plus his g'dad on the other side is worse than me.GI1
Did you build that 1911?
No this is one I bought in a Pawn shop. Older, Auto Ordinance. I just never got around to taking her out. I think it will be an easy fix and it shot pretty good. The target am holding is actually from a 38. The wife took the pics and my 1911 target picture doesn't show the target as much as it does me.

The kid has a huge head. If he grows into that thing he is gonna be a big man.

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,621 Posts
Good looking handgun range, covered! It's good your starting out your Grandson early MemphisMachinists...

DI5

Reactions: MemphisMachinists

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I buy a used pistol that doesn't work right I usually start with a good cleaning followed by a new set of matching springs.
It definitely gets some new springs. The link that locks the slide to the frame is kinda chewed up looking. I will replace it and the pins. I might even get lucky and have some links lying around. And the feed ramps need a good polishing. It had a colt magazine in it. It's what came in it. The good news is when it cycled and fired, it shot straight.
This is one of those purchases I didn't mention to the wife. She kept asking me where I got it. I kept saying I have had it a good while. I didn't lie. I didn't think she would notice it. GI1 I still like it for $450. GI3 It is one of those that rattles when you shake it.GI3

I have another grandson that is 8. I have him shooting a pellet rifle. His Dad shoots and we want to get him started soon. Mom is not so keen on it. I'm pretty sure he will be at the range with me soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts