M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently got my lady back from the armor so I decided to go to the range and give her a work out. She is an M1A loaded that has Sadlak gas piston,and op rod spring guide. She has been beaded, had her gas system unitized, and shimmed. She wears a SAI 3rd or 4th Gen scope mount (not sure how to tell the diff) with a SAI 4-14X56 scope. It was a pleasant 24 deg with no wind.

First target is 15 adjusting the scope a few of the last rounds I was overcompensating and chasing the bull. 1/4 moa scope adjustments and a 1+- MOA rifle walk it in when you get close. I was shooting some home rolled 168gr Hornady BTHP in new IVI Brass with CCI no 200 primer packed with 41.9 gr of H4895 C.O.L 2.8.

Second target is 5 rounds of Hornady 168 gr Amax loaded same as above. 1.25 inches +-. My rifle can now out shoot me so it is time for me to go to work.

Just to try something different third target is 5 rounds loaded with Hornady 110gr Vmax with 49gr H380 same C.O.L, primer, and brass. This round is going to take a little more work. but is a start.

Next outing I will see what she does with surplus ammo. she did not like it at all before the work was done.

I hope everyone else's day was half as good as mine.MC1

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Arty Fo !!!! been missin your post lately, glad you got to do some shootin, and tell us about it. Very nice rig, and shooting..I been wondering about the lighter bullets and read somewhere they don't do so hot in the M14. I can't remember why, but knew I was interested because I wanted to see if the 30 carbine projectiles would shoot in my M14 loads...round nose and all.....I am all about dual use everything.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How fast are the 110

RGPM1A I do not know how fast they are going yet...I will after Christmas as I happen to know I was a good boy this year and Santa is getting me a Crono. I will keep you pasted.DI5

1 - 7 of 7 Posts