M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I took the HRA to the range today to see how it shoots. I really wasn't expecting much as the barrel is not new (TE = 3, MW ~ 2) & I'm not the worlds greatest shot anyways... :lol:

got it sighted in at 50 and then 100 yds. While most of the groups I shot were between 3-5" (which was what I expected), my best group for the day measured at 2" exactly. Fired 8 shots -- 6 in the group with the inevitable couple of flyers (I almost always have a few "wtfdtsg" type flyers... :oops: :lol: ). It was good to see that 2" group though, as it showed me what the rifle is capable of when I do my part. :D

Now for the exciting part:

I walked down to change my target on the 100 yd line, going by a pond & crossing a small creek to reach the target stands. I'd been hearing rustling in the grass near the creek each time I'd walked down to check my targets, but had thought nothing of it. Not this time. I crossed the creek, got another 10 feet further on and heard the rustling again. I look over to my right & see a big-ass water moccasin @ 3 feet away. 8O 8O 8O I about jumped right out of my freaking skin!!! The moccasin took off into the brush & I heard it plop into the creek a few seconds later. The hell with changing targets, I ripped the old target off the stand & beat feet back to the firing line. I'd had enough of that noise, and spent the remainder of the afternoon shooting steel targets on the 150 yd. line :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the 150 yd line I was banging the man sized target regularly, so I started shooting at the 1ft sq target. Hit it 4 out of four shots. Then I tried the 7" hanging gong. Hit it 10 out of 12 shots. This rifle rocks, & I am very pleased with it. :D

All in all, it was a fun afternoon, except for the snake part. BT was there for @ an hour to show off his new IHC (which is a real beauty, BTW). He left about half an hour before the snake incident though.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Haha. Sorry I didn't stick around for the fun. Better you than me though, I would have been screamin like a little girl if I would have seen the thing.

It was great to watch that H&R in action. It looked even better at the range than it did when I first saw it. Don't ever part with that one (unless it is to me). :wink:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BrutalTuna said:
I would have been screamin like a little girl
It would have been a duet then... :oops: :lol:

BrutalTuna said:
It was great to watch that H&R in action. It looked even better at the range than it did when I first saw it. Don't ever part with that one (unless it is to me). :wink:
hehe, thanks! :D

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
warbird: I'm thinking a pistol loaded with snakeshot would be advisable.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I have allway's been told snake's are more scared of you than you of them but I'm like you Quag I never hang around long enough to find out. Sound's like the H&R really rock's . I can't shoot mine enough love the way it feel's. Take care Fred

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.