M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a Surefire Brake before going to the range.I started at 30yds wanted to make sure
I was on paper.1st round was 7 inches low.I made a elevation adjustment I was in the black
in 3 shots.I was shooting 168GR Nosler CC Lake City match brass 39.5 grains IMR 3031.
I averaged 2630 Fps.Moved out to 75 yds caught a flyer and the rest in the black.The brake
took 1/2 the recoil out and the muzzle jump is nothing at all.I set targets at 100yds
put 15-20 rds into each 3 inch target.Very pleased with the setup and results.Now all I need is trigger time.here are pics

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M14 LRB 22 inche wolfe medium modified barrell 1-11 twist.unitized gas system screw and glue,All G.I parts.USMC Mcmillian Shooting Team stock,I steel bed my rifle with Devcron.
Arms 18 mount,Badger .823 Rings.Scope is a LEUPOLD Mark 4 10x40 LR/T M3 Rifle Scope, Mil-Dot Reticle.Harris bipod swivel with pod -lock.Smith adaptor for Surefire muzzlebrake.

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,606 Posts
It sure looks to be a keeper MARINES84-88 with the scores posted in pictures.

DI5

Reactions: MARINES84-88

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Nice setup, you have it squared away! How did your rifle shoot with a usgi FS? Did the Surefire improve groups or just recoil / muzzle climb? Do you plan on shooting any strings without the bipod?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice setup, you have it squared away! How did your rifle shoot with a usgi FS? Did the Surefire improve groups or just recoil / muzzle climb? Do you plan on shooting any strings without the bipod?
The rifle with the G.I FS shot groups like the ones above in slow fire.The Surefire makes
a big diffrence on follow up shots.I will try shooting of a sandbag see what happens.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Marine84-88 Nice shooting and Rifle... too bad brakes aren't match legal. It would definitely help rapid groups. GI6

I have a brake, from the guy that doesn't like certain people on this forum, on my Scout. I've already made up my mind, I will give that Surefire a try for my new build. I'm certainly not going to buy from a guy that hates the community.

Reactions: nf1e
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.