M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a lot of shooting at a ranch this past weekend. WINDY! But today I was told it finally rained. (3 inches) We tried some 400-500 yard shots and it was nearly impossible to get any grouping with the wind. We had a lot of fun because of the experience we had with the long distance and learning how to shoot in horrible conditions.

I used a mixture of 90's DAG, a few rounds of Lake City, Winchester White Box, and South African 82. Actually the South African fared the best behind the Lake City match.

I was using a NM SAI with a Sadlak steel mount/warne rings/Springfield Gen 2 scope.

As a side note - At the El Paso Gun Exchange they have a New Springfield Super Match for sale - I think it was listed around $3,000 / a standard springer / and a socom II (both in synthetic stock) not sure about the $ for those two. Thought I would give a heads up about those.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
God Bless Texas

I did a lot of shooting at a ranch this past weekend. WINDY! But today I was told it finally rained. (3 inches) We tried some 400-500 yard shots and it was nearly impossible to get any grouping with the wind. We had a lot of fun because of the experience we had with the long distance and learning how to shoot in horrible conditions.

I used a mixture of 90's DAG, a few rounds of Lake City, Winchester White Box, and South African 82. Actually the South African fared the best behind the Lake City match.

I was using a NM SAI with a Sadlak steel mount/warne rings/Springfield Gen 2 scope.

As a side note - At the El Paso Gun Exchange they have a New Springfield Super Match for sale - I think it was listed around $3,000 / a standard springer / and a socom II (both in synthetic stock) not sure about the $ for those two. Thought I would give a heads up about those.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
The great Republic of Texas. Many states need to take lessons from your citizens about personal rights and responsibilities.Sounds like a great day, wind and all.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree God Bless Texas. It was nice to go to New Mexico and do a lot of shooting, but I am happy to be back in this great state!

I hate it because most of the ranges in the DFW area are mostly soft point ammo only. & Most public ranges only reach out to 100 yards. I think it is for people to site in deer rifles.

I finally got to shoot some surplus 7,62 and distance adjustments. A LOT OF FUN!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.