M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my newly assembled LRB/Kreiger (12 twist)to the range today to test some loads.
Best load tested was 46 Grains of TAC over a 150Gr. Sierra.

Not happy with trigger.

Actual group measured 1 1/4 inch. I think it will do better - especially when I get the trigger worked. I will also do some more load testing.

Image of target attached.

KG View attachment 12078

Reactions: XXIV Corps

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Crappy triggers suck.

Group is not bad at all, certainly it can improve, but excellent start. Keep us posted with your load development.

Maybe next time I stop by in Memphis I'll find some time to shoot with you and Rick.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope so

We have a lot of High Power matches at our club.

A team or two from Memphis goes to Perry every year.

We have one or two distinguished shooters.

I don't know a lot about it but I understand it is difficult for a civilian.

We have a 600 yard range and everything in between. Actually two 300 yard ranges.

Would love to have you shoot with us (them). I don't shoot anything except 22 Benchrest competitively anymore.

Shot a lot of Skeet until I got too old.

I went through Basic Training at Fort Jackson in 1957. That tells you something.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Well 1.5" at 600yds sounds pretty good to me DI2

Seriously, trigger job is pretty straightforward and will make an immediate difference. Anything that takes you mind off of the sights (when is this ^()%$ thing going to break!) isn't good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.