M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, mid range access is hard to get. It’s either matches or the 1 afternoon per month reserved for the Highpower team practice. Today was that day and I had the Bula all prepped and some quality ammo. Par for the course, we had an electrical storm rolling in so I had to cut short.

Rifle had a very solid 200 prone zero so I put 3 minutes on a took a shot. Target came back up from the pits with a X at 3 o’clock! Usually that is the kiss of death for me but the second shot came up a 10 at 3 o’clock. The wind was flipping around due the storm but I put on a 1/2 minute left and got an X. Managed to get 8 shots in. Four X’s, two 10’s and two nines. One nine was at 3 o’clock that was a combo of a poor trigger pull and wind, and the other was entirely mine from holding too much black an just escaped the 10 ring at 12.

Rifle has a .520 hood with a Miso sight. I think the setup is giving a better view, but I really need to set up a side by side comparison.

Ammo is Hornady 155 HPBT with 42.5 Varget. Brass is LC m118 special ball. CCI 34 primers

Wish I could have gotten more rounds down range, but I feel like I probably have a solid elevation and a decent windage.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Nice! I tried both the MISO and a Bob Jones insert. I found that the MISO didn't bring the FS into focus enough. Instead, it was bringing the target into an excessively sharp focus. I found myself "bull-gazing" instead of focusing on the FS. The BJones insert works best for me, but a lot of people swear by the MISO.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Range day always fun... don't know in your place, mas here vast majority of then estill closed due the coronavirus, so shooting opportunities are scarce 😔

1 - 4 of 4 Posts