M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yeeeeeboy! Do I love my rifle! I picked up my M1A loaded back in February. I've been very interested in the vortex viper pst 1-4 for awhile now. I finally got them together a couple weeks ago and tonight I finally got the chance to do my 100yd range test. I'm very happy with the results. Mostly it shot the Turkish MKE 7.62x51 ammo at Walmart. That was to get close to where I wanted my zero. I finished off with two groups of Federal Premium 168SMK. Well, pictures will show it much better than me rambling.

I'll be honest I have never had a rifle make me 'feel' accurate. I'm a decent shot but this rifle makes me feel like I'm on a whole new level. It's going with me on my moose hunt and I can't wait!BGRIN1

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,611 Posts
Congratulations! You're in for a ride, now! Go get some AE-168gr OTM ammo and see what she can really do.

Tony.
Tony is right, time to dial that puppy in with a know great round like the 168 grn. OTM from AE ammunition.

DI5

Reactions: tonyben

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
You're suffering the initial symptoms; after spending a few hundred dollars on ammo that will feed the present narcosis, you'll spend a few hundred more dollars on reloading equipment so you can design and manufacture even more accurate ammunition suitable for anything you wish to do. Along the way, you'll learn about lubricants, metals, machining, mechanicals and ballistics; it's a great hobby that will pay off in many ways.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Shot my 1 month old loaded with PPU and ZQ, both shot 2.5" moa-100yds off rest 8-5 shot groups with some clusters. M1A in G.I. Sacks Birch stock. Very ,very accurate first time out .100% function with even extraction &ejection. Nothing wrong with SA M1A'S. Nice clean trigger break!! Stocking up on once fired brass for the reloading.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.