M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could Borrow??? As I might not be able to show my face in public Again... LOL
Today I met another Forum Member for the 1st time at a Local range to Chronograph some Commercial Rounds for "Black Arrow"
Those Results will be Hopefully Posted in the Ammo Bunker Later for I am at a Loss with those numbers
Before Hunting Season I Detail Stripped my Rifle everything including my Rear Sight.Also Replaced the Gas Piston with a New Sadlak Piston
Let Me Say this "Black Arrow is a Cool Guy and I am glad to have made his Acquaintance
And For next years Postal Shoot Some State May want to Snatch him up as He is a Tremendous Shoot
This being Said
The Tools,My Full Size SAI receiver all TRW except for the SAK barrel and his 18.5 barrel I dunno ?

Black Arrow is the upper Left Plate from a Bench, and Lower Right Standing
Me I was Having Trouble Re Zeroing my Rifle as you can See I am All over the Place, He helped Zero her and Finally the center top 2 Solid Hits OK I am Done time to find the "Bag"
Range was 50 yards using RG 94 for Me and his lower right Plate

Oh well I need to get out and Practice More
It was Still a Great Day
Thanks Black Arrow

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Looks like ya'll had a great time!GI6

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Tightened up it looks good. Nice thing is there is rarely a truly bad day at the range.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Make sure the gas plug isn't loose.
Same for the scope mounts/ mount screws.
Try different ammo..Gold Medal Match?
Maximize your position to eliminate shooter error: try it off a rest or bag.
Could the op rod be binding anywhere...what about the gas system...could it be loose?
Don't forget..it's not a bolt/sniper gun....and you have a shorter barrel than a USGI Mil Spec M14.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The picture of the Plates were all shot with my SAI standard and everything is tight , in place , no Binding ,Greased and Functioning Properly. This Time it is Operator Error ,Yep Me
His 2 targets were on Dead on,
More Practice and More Practice

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
If'n I were yer plate . . I'd be dead . .

'nuff said.

~Good enough~ shootin' there charlesPOSTLEwade.

Lookin' forward to a follow up . . . NOW GET THAT RIFLE DIALED IN SOLDIER!!

dance2

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yes you need to get more, but not every one has a range 10 minutes from home. Even the worse day ever at the range is better then the best day ever any place else. You had a good day, no need to hide!

·
Registered
424 Posts
CharlesPOSTALWade has a filly of a rifle that was shooting about 8 inches low since his overhaul on it. After seeing him not hit paper on a target, I suspected something not related to his shooting skills was wrong. I asked to try it and shot a snow bank 100 yards away to get a reaction. The snow flared up a about foot low from my point of aim. Then I shot
off-hand at the upper right plate 2nd down center mass and the rifle was grouping nicely on the plate directly below. I suspect Wade was shooting 6 o'clock instead of BZO and therefore his bullets were traveling between the gaps in the plates. Had the target board been seamless, he'd have easily saw it--and quite frankly I was puzzled to. I suggested he raise the elevation 3 clicks, he did, then I printed the group on the top left. Wade shot a perfect X group after that. Compared to some of my messy days on the range with a new or overhauled rifle, Wade did great. We had a great time.

Be sure to check the AMMO BUNKER bullets and ballistics page for my post on chrono results for 3 prestigious commercial loads, and 1 military load tested with a 18.5" M14. This would not have been possible without CharlesPostleWade who brought his chrono and hand built target racks to the range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts