M14 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me start off by saying I know nothing of this socom of mine that I just bought. I just learned how to remove everything from the stock tonight, so please excuse my retardedness.

What is the flat head screw driver slot on the gas block? Also the hole on the bottom of the block is where the gases are released correct? There is also a hole at the end of the stock on the bottom just in front of the sling mount. What is this for?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Let me start off by saying I know nothing of this socom of mine that I just bought. I just learned how to remove everything from the stock tonight, so please excuse my retardedness.

What is the flat head screw driver slot on the gas block? Also the hole on the bottom of the block is where the gases are released correct? There is also a hole at the end of the stock on the bottom just in front of the sling mount. What is this for?

Flat head srcrew on the gas cylinder is for firing grenades. Not sure what hole you're talking about on the gas cylinder other than the one that lines up with the hole in the barrel that allows the gasses to push on the gas piston. Can't help you with the hole on the stock...

·
Registered
10,568 Posts
The slotted screw is a valve. Turning it horizontal shut off the gas to the pisto. Used when firing special blanks for rifle grenades.

The hole on the bottom of the gas cylinder allows for excess gas to escape. Also used when aligning the cylinder with the port in the bore.

The hole in the stock allows gives everything a way to escape. Excess gas, water, sand, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts