M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of questions and was hoping some of you could help me sift through some of the information out there.

1. Are all M1A's with stainless barrels national match or super match (are there any stainless barreled loadeds or standards?)

2. Do all loaded M1A's come with a two stage trigger?

3. What is the easiest way to determine if an M1A has a national match barrel?

4. With the exception of the barrel what are the differences in a national match rifle and a standard / loaded M1A?

5. How do you tell a national match rear sight?

Thanks in advance for the information.

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,020 Posts
Research, the only good game in town anymore......

I will try to answer most of your questions bobo.

I have a couple of questions and was hoping some of you could help me sift through some of the information out there.

1. Are all M1A's with stainless barrels national match or super match No. (are there any stainless barreled loadeds or standards? yes.)

2. Do all loaded M1A's come with a two stage trigger?Standard military trigger is two stage on all M14's.

3. What is the easiest way to determine if an M1A has a national match barrel? It's stamped on the barrel, either by manufacture or with the letters NM.

4. With the exception of the barrel what are the differences in a national match rifle and a standard / loaded M1A? Please read the Springfield description on all three M1A's on the web site.

5. How do you tell a national match rear sight? It's a hooded sight.

Thanks in advance for the information.
Please jump in here if I'm leading bobo down the wrong path people.DI5

Reactions: bobo
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.