M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never purchased loaded ammo through the mail and have some questions. Really dont want to call a shipper and ask.

I have heard that there are haz mat fees and other such nonsense and wonder if thats true. I also see that when folks sell ammo from the PX they usually want local pickup only and am curious why?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
The reason for people wanting face to face is that shipping charges are useally very expensive due to weight.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
The reason for people wanting face to face is that shipping charges are useally very expensive due to weight.
That is no joke it was costing something like $14-$16 shipping for a 30 cal ammo can with a 192 rounds of 30-06

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
If Missouri is a free state you can buy ammo over the internet with no problem. The Ammoman includes shipping in the price and Widner's usually has a good enough price that they compete pretty well on their shipping. Most sites will allow you to calculate shipping before you finalize your order so you'll be able to check several different ones.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your input. I am getting ready to purchase some surplus and didnt want any surprises. Thank you.USA2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts