M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I posted this in GTHOD and figured I would post here also(more traffic)
Does anyone know if the pockets on the grenadiers vest for the M203 (40MM) is gig enough to carry loaded En Blocs. If anyone has one of these vest could ya check and let me know?
Thanks
SHADOW

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RR6
Thats what I thought but was not sure, it's been a while since I saw a vest or a 40MM frag, but I may try to dig one up, (the vest of course) :evil:
SHADOW

·
Registered
545 Posts
Shadow

Cheaper tha dirt was selling a chest amm popuch from WWI a while back that would hold two(2) enblocks per pocket, god awful heavy when its full but man talk about an ammo load, the might have them still if you look on their web site.

Keith

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keith
Again thaks for the tip. While it may be heavy, I'll take weight for security any day. Ya just never know when those pesky B.H.I. will come over the hill :evil: :evil:
Jerimy

B.H.I.= Blue Helmented Invaders :D :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
thats true

I have an IHC in .308 that cuts thru kevlar like a knife thru butter , I get confused which I like most the M1A or the M1 in .308

Keith

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I know what you mean I only have 1 Garand in 30.06 but three M14 clones So I guess I like the 14 better, but the Garand definatley has a SOUL of its own.
Jerimy

·
Registered
545 Posts
same problem here 2 M1A's, and eight M1's with one in the process of being built on a 4 digit receiver which'll put me at NINE of them lol, my folks think I'm NUTS for having that many.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You should hear my my wife everytime she walks by my office and I am not working I am on the forums :roll: But over all she has been supportive I do think I would have a hard time explaining 9 of one model. I just noticed you are from SC, I go down to Columbia every other weekend to pick up my eight year old. Been doing it for 4 years now. Know that road well. Where do you shoot at down there and is it a public range
Jerimy

·
Registered
545 Posts
Jerimy

I shoot at a friends house out on one of the islands here, there really isnt much space unless I go home to NC and use the range there. And then it only goes out to 200 yards, but I love ringing the gong from the firring line with eight of eight rounds from a gun most people are clueless about.

Keith

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea I shoot at a buddys house we have a 500 yard range over next to the state line, if I am in a hurry to get a fix I have a Forest Service range where I work in Jackson Co. NC but it's only 150 yards. Oh well its better than nothing and it's free too :lol:
Where abouts in NC you from

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well crap....I have been trying to decide if I want a CMP Garand or the used M1A at the local gun shop. After reading you guy's posts, I guess I'm just going to have to get both. Already got the bank to approve the Garand, told her that I wanted to be able to have a piece of history to pass down to a son or daughter (when we have one). I got a little misty-eyed and bit my lip. She was behind me 100%. As far as the M1A goes, I have some guns laying around that I will just have to trade. The bank won't approve that purchase. I've tried, but we are trying to save some money. So that's cool. Shadow....RedRiver....I will only be a lowly FNG with only one of each, but it's a start isn't it? I can bring my toys and come play.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Huck,
Whatever you do, do not and I mean NOT buy either! Once you do the disease will spread so fast. You will become terminal in a matter of days :D All joking aside definatley do both, the M1 has soul, the M14 has all the improvments :evil:. You know I think the research and the love of the great parts hunt is the most fun of having these wonderful rifles. Followed VERY closely by the feel of the thump on your shoulder as you sight in on that 600 meter target and squeeze the trigger
Good luck in your search, welcome to the board, if you have Q's this is the place to come to
Shadow

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.