M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new bolt from 762mmFirearms (a forum advertiser) back in late July 2010. They said bolts would be shipping "soon". Well it's been over 5 months and no sign of my bolt and no answer to emails to 762mmfirearms since they said "soon" on July 29. I've emailed them once in July, once in October and once in December (grand total of 3 emails, 2 out of 3 unanswered) so I don't think I've been a pest or anything. I PM-ed spy 2551 via this forum on 11 December, no reply. Their website says "ready to ship now" but it has said that for a while. I appreciate that people are busy; I'm busy too! But I don't think 30 seconds to shoot an email to a paying customer who's been waiting 5 months, is a lot to ask. I'm not even really mad, I'd just like to know how much longer. Hell, gimme a WAG if that's the best you've got, just gimme something.

Anyone else here waiting? Anyone ordered and received a bolt from them? What was the turnaround?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had found 762MM's website in August or so, and when I saw the bolts listed for sale in late Sept I bought a complete bolt assembly. The guts came in within a few days, but I have yet to see the bolt.

I emailed an inquiry on 10-31 which was half answered. I replied politiely to extract what timeframe we were looking at on the bolt, and on 11-1-2010 [email protected] emailed me "we are planing on 12 days to ready".

Sent a follow up email on 12-4 which went unanswered.

I'm not really upset about it. I do think they will probably work out all the bugs in their parts and make good. If they don't kill their company by shoddy business practices, I think they will be providing good parts to enthusiasts into the future.

"A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches"
- Proverbs 22:1

SS

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in no way affiliated with 7.62 but I wanted to just say thanks for your patience with this. I get really tired of hearing people complain about long waits and calling to demand money back and lawyers and everything else. Then in the next breath complain because nobody is stepping up to make these products. It's nice to see people who can realize that new companies need time to get product made, tested, and shipped and complaining and bugging them only delays the process that much more. So again, thanks.

·
Banned
951 Posts
7.62mm parts...GOOD Quality/ New Company

I posted below about one of the oprods from them, machined exactly to gi specs, works fine. They shipped out within 5 days, ordered on line without a hitch. I did a little research on the company, as you know its new, has a small staff, they have come out with some VERY complacated parts to machine, qc ck, marketing. as you all know the m1 Garand and the M14 receiver take 234 machine operation to buils it up from a forging. Hell SA had a hard time building them in 1937 with a 11,00 man machine shop.Perhaps a quick posting on their web site noteing a delay on bolt production was in order, perhaps not. They have built some impressive mil spec receivers and smaller parts as of this writing. im impressed, and I dont impress easy, thats why my post below on SAI oprods was written.Give these folks a chance....its a HARD TIME to keep a business alive, thats why im buying parts fron them.USAF2

·
Registered
17 Posts
I placed my bolt order in March of 2010 and it has still not arrived as of January 9th 2011. I look forward to its arrival but I think it would have been better, after 3 months, to have issued a refund "option" to customers that wanted it or at the very least, put out some form of communication, afterall, my email address is on file with the company as I am sure others are too. Thank-you.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I ran into Chris yesterday and he showed me a box of bolts. A partially finished and completely finished bolt. He said there were 50 finished so I'd think you won't wait much longer. I have no affiliation with him, have not purchased any of his products and have no dog in this fight. Just sayin.

Eagle 1

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Yikes!, This is the kind of stuff that ruins a companies reputation. Please 7.62mm Firearms if there are issues as claimed fix them, cause we want you guys to be around a long time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts