M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
When building a NM M1A is the SA Flash Suppressor and Gas Cylinder (modified to NM specs) that came with my SA M1A made well enough to withstand a lifetime of abuse. OR should I go with USGI??? if so where can I get ahold of these 2 animals and what would be a "fiar" price? Basicly... what would you do if it were your rifle?

TIA

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
This question is out of my area but I will answer what I can as best I can.

You are asking somebody who has a big baised toward GI stuff. I will not own anything commercially made.

Having said that understand that a lifetime of abuse by a civilian is not nearly what GI material is exposed to. The majority of civilian owned rifles stay indoors until they are used under ideal conditions. Not the same with GI rifles. Sleeping in the rain, sand storms, wading thru rivers, thrown around in trucks, etc. Most commercially made parts will satisfy the needs of 99% of the civilian requirements.

Prices vary all over the country so I cannot say what you will find at a specific location at any given time.

Your question "what would you do if it were your rifle?" Again I am not hedging your question but I will not own a commercially made clone of the M14, so I cannot give you an honest answer. My interests are limited to what was issued to american troops, nothing on the commercial market.

I would recommend you repost this question on the M14 board. There will be many there who have a better grasp on the current market conditions of the items in question.

·
Registered
846 Posts
do you want to pay $40 - $50 or $100+. SA and fulton sell the imitation that work fine. the GI are expensive and if you want new are even more so.

dont worry about the cast parts as later GI flash units were cast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.