M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. I should have specified that I have a Barnett Medium barrel. I have read elsewhere that the Sage stock will only work on the Fulton and Springfield Armory medium barrels.

How will it work on the Barnett barrel?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just got myself a Sage EBR. If you send me your barrel thickness, I will confirm if the dimensions of the Sage will allow you to use your barrel. Cheers

Jeff

·
Banned
3,070 Posts
Lawdog734 said:
Thanks for the responses guys. I should have specified that I have a Barnett Medium barrel. I have read elsewhere that the Sage stock will only work on the Fulton and Springfield Armory medium barrels.

How will it work on the Barnett barrel?
Lawdog734, did you get an answer to your barrel question? -- Also, what part of GA are you in?

·
Banned
3,070 Posts
Confused?

Lawdog734 said:
H20- I'm in Snellville.
Hey Lawdog734, PM me when you get your rifle up and running in a SAGE - I'm up in the Athens area - Let's go shooting!

Back to the topic - Question About Sage EBR
This quote on FA's web site just adds to the confusion.
"Note that the Sage Tactical/Accuracy System will fit only USGI-contour standard barrels and Fulton ARmory Medium Weight barrels.
No other medium weight and no heavy weight barrels will fit.
" :roll:

My Scout does not have a USGI contour standard barrel nor does it have an FA Medium Barrel.
My action fit just fine in a SAGE without any modification and I'm told SAI Scouts are built with medium contour barrels.

:?:

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
M1A Scout Squad barrels are standard contour but shortened to 18 ". Standard contour and only Fulton Armory medium weight barrels will fit in a Sage International, Ltd. M14 EBR stock. Why? Because the Fulton Armory medium weight barrel is specially contoured to fit between the hand guard bosses. Source: Walt Kuleck, VP of Marketing for Fulton Armory.

·
Banned
3,070 Posts
Different said:
M1A Scout Squad barrels are standard contour but shortened to 18 ". Standard contour and only Fulton Armory medium weight barrels will fit in a Sage International, Ltd. M14 EBR stock. Why? Because the Fulton Armory medium weight barrel is specially contoured to fit between the hand guard bosses. Source: Walt Kuleck, VP of Marketing for Fulton Armory.
Lee, thank you and Walt for clearing that up.

Know I know :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I must say that I had my doubts on Fulton Armory's being the ONLY medium barrel that fit because I have read several accounts of where the medium weight barrel on the Springfield "loaded" model has fit fine. That and a representative of Sage said that a medium would fit fine but couldn't verify specifically if a Barnett medium would fit or not.
Well, I directed the question to our very own Warbird who happened to have both a Sage EBR stock and a Barnett medium weight on hand. He was gracious enough to thread the barrel into the receiver and do a test fit and found that Barnett medium weight barrels will fit just fine in the Sage EBR stock.
So for future reference for those that may want to know-yes it will work fine and there is another alternative to Fultons barrel-which the last few times I have looked over the past several months has been on backorder.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.