M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I expect my EBR to show up within the next few weeks so I dont know the answer to this question because I dont have it yet.

Is it possible to swap out the existing pistol grip with a different style than what comes with it? If so, are there specific specs about the grip I need to be aware of? (Like Size, Tools, Bolt types, etc.) I have never taken one of these apart before.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
If you have the AR style rear end you can swap grip with other AR type grips, if they have a beaver tail they'll need some fitting.

If you have the rail style rear end with the adjustable cheek riser I believe there are only two compatible grips, one from Sage and one from Ergo grips.

·
Banned
3,070 Posts
I expect my EBR to show up within the next few weeks so I dont know the answer to this question because I dont have it yet.

Is it possible to swap out the existing pistol grip with a different style than what comes with it? If so, are there specific specs about the grip I need to be aware of?
(Like Size, Tools, Bolt types, etc.) I have never taken one of these apart before.
It depends on what style EBR stock you have, check out this thread Getting a grip on the EBR

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the Telescoping Stock w/ adjustable cheek riser. So it appears I only have 2 options. I guess I can just put some fiber grip tape on that sucker if it gets too slippery.

·
Banned
3,070 Posts
I got the Telescoping Stock w/ adjustable cheek riser. So it appears I only have 2 options. I guess I can just put some fiber grip tape on that sucker if it gets too slippery.
You have the M14ALCS ... Mod 0 EBR stock. My M14ALCS has the original SAGE pistol grip, you can replace this with one from ERGO, but they are hard to find.
I'm told ERGO supplies these grips to SAGE, but that nobody retails them to consumers.

PM sent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.