M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[FONT="Times New Roman"[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]][/FONT] I'm in the market for a good, rugged scope. I live on the open plains and our club shoots .308 ammo at about 800-900 yds, we primarily utilize the M14/M1A and we target silhouettes.

I have been considering purchasing a new scope, probably a Leupold M4 LR/T 3.5-10x40 M1 or an M4 4.5-14x50 M1 because we often shoot at unknown distances at indeterminate sized targets after a 1-2 hr. "creep" to get into position.

I know that this might start an honest fistfight but I'm looking for opinions on these scopes and any others that the shooters on this site might recommend. I'm looking for scopes that are rugged, accurate and bright. Any opinions?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dont have any experience with either of those scopes, but my SWFA that is mounted on my M1A is clear, bright and built like a tank. The SWFA I have is the 3-9 FFP with Mil/Mil adjustments and I have no problem shooting out to longer distances. You might want to give the SWFA line a look.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
After a lot of research I opted for the M4 4.5 - 14x50 IR ( I think it was #67955). Quality of optics, durability and high ratings from people who used them extensively convinced me. FWIW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts