1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
168 Posts
If I'm correct, that would be the price without the BCG and charging handle, so I would expect reasonable quality at that price...not fantastic, but adequate. Unless you go for one of the high end rail systems, the most expensive part of an upper (minus BCG and CH) is the barrel. I do believe it's possible to get a decent short barreled upper at that price point.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
About 1:20 he mentions the charging handle and an MPI-tested bolt that comes with it.

I guess I might try it or see what the price point is for other ones out there. I've not started looking yet, but will want a short .300 Blackout upper for my SBR lower. I already have a full-size .300 Blackout from AAC, custom built by Wild West Guns, and I'm sold on the cartridge.

·
Registered
168 Posts
About 1:20 he mentions the charging handle and an MPI-tested bolt that comes with it.

I guess I might try it or see what the price point is for other ones out there. I've not started looking yet, but will want a short .300 Blackout upper for my SBR lower. I already have a full-size .300 Blackout from AAC, custom built by Wild West Guns, and I'm sold on the cartridge.
I noticed that, but the picture at the beginning of the video doesn't have either of these parts. I also looked at Hardened Arms website and the offerings there don't include them as well. They do have to option of adding both for a cost of $133 at present. That sounds reasonable. I would be really dubious of barrel quality if BCG and CH were included at the $250 price point.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was $259 without the bolt carrier and charging handle. When Mark ordered it added the bolt and handle.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I have a 16" 300BLK upper of theirs. I haven't had it to the range yet, but it looks to be decent quality. I paid $275 w/o bolt with a stainless barrel and a quad rail.

If it's an Aero upper as he said in the video, then it would be made here.

Justin

Reactions: captain_bob_badfish

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are these made in the US? I've heard rumors of the lower cost uppers coming from somewhere in Europe. Anyone else hear that as well? That's not a bad price though.
Yeah it's made in the USA by Aero Precision here in Washington State. If you aren't familiar with their name it's because it's rebranded by the big companies like Spike's Tactical.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Yeah it's made in the USA by Aero Precision here in Washington State. If you aren't familiar with their name it's because it's rebranded by the big companies like Spike's Tactical.
If I'm not mistaken they make a lot of the lowers you see floating around too....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts