M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question that will likely be right up Bill Ricca's alley... :)

At the local gun show over the weekend, I came across a bolt with unusual markings, as follows:

X

(Note that each line is centered on the bolt, and in relation to each other. I can't figure out how to format it properly in this forum.)

The first number is obviously the part number for a USGI M14 bolt. After that, I'm clueless (oh shock! :lol: ). Bill, or anyone else, have any info on these bolt markings???

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
warbird said:
Well, I'm not Bill Ricca :lol: but, I can tell ya it's a Winchester M14 bolt if that helps.

OK, thanks - didn't know that. Those are normal for production numbers on Win. bolts? Is the 66118 a serial number or something similar?

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
In Scott Duff's book, 'The M14 Owners Guide', he writes, "...Major components produced by Winchester are stamped with manufacturer code 661118, although some trigger housings, hammers, and safeties have been observed marked OM for Olin Mathieson. Most barrels were stamped with the Winchester script trademark."

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tommo said:
In Scott Duff's book, 'The M14 Owners Guide', he writes, "...Major components produced by Winchester are stamped with manufacturer code 661118, although some trigger housings, hammers, and safeties have been observed marked OM for Olin Mathieson. Most barrels were stamped with the Winchester script trademark."
Learn something every day, thanks. :-D

And I have Duff's book. Guess I better learn to read so I can find these things out for myself. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.