M14 Forum banner

Put a MagPul Butt stock on my Savage BA

5252 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  RandyB45
I bought an older used Savage Model 10 BAS-T in 308 with the original POS butt stock with a floppy cheek piece. I replaced it with a MagPul MAG307-BLKPRS. Works really well except the LOP is about 1/2" longer than with the factory butt stock fully collapsed. Fortunately the LOP is perfect for me. Will eventually put a MP BT12-QT rear mono pod on it when I can find a place with it in stock. If you can find one of these rifles used I would highly recommend it - it can consistently shoot dime sized groups all day with 168gr FGMM or AE OTM.

Photos of rifle with the new butt stock attached.

PS: Savage now uses this butt stock for the 338 Lapua version of the rifle. Also a photo of my rifle with the original butt stock can be found here:

http://m14forum.com/bolt-action/102947-anyone-out-there-have-savage-model-10-bas-t.html
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,904 Posts
I have a Savage 110 that I put a 18 1/2' stainless .308 Win barrel and mounted a Bushnell 3200 10X scope on it, then I put it in a Choate folding stock, I need a better trigger for but it still shoots very well.

Casey

· Registered
1,943 Posts
I have a Savage 110 that I put a 18 1/2' stainless .308 Win barrel and mounted a Bushnell 3200 10X scope on it, then I put it in a Choate folding stock, I need a better trigger for but it still shoots very well.

Casey
The low profile, urban sniper rifle. I just picked up a Choate for my Scout. Choate folder on an M14 stock. GI3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.