M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I’ve always been on the lookout for an M1A born same year as me... It also had to be somewhat economic... Turns out that piece of glory is in the shape of a 5 line M1A decked out in an M14E2 stock and hardware. The pictures look promising and I am excited to get my hands on her. Hopefully it’s not delayed too much but I understand if it is...

Please see the GB pic for a teaser. I’m not sure if it’s a legit E2 stock because of the overall condition is excellent. Regardless, I think she’s purdy. Caught her on GB and I had to bring her home.

I’ll post with detailed pics once I get it so you all can tell me more about it!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,630 Posts
Congrats on getting a fine looking M14E2/A1, I have seen a lot of M14s but never did I see one I didn't like, well maybe one or two, but so far not in this thread!

Congratulations, these aren't as bad as some would like you to believe. They shoot just fine and a sexier weapon doesn't exist!

RENGI2

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
17,264 Posts
I have wanted one forever too, problem with me is I am very picky and only one with the stock like Ren has will do and I was very late to the game because I was doing modern M14s. Yours looks very nice, I haven't seen a nice one for sale like that since I found the one I found that the metal was fake.
I did find a NOS E2 stock, I posted up pics and the wonderful group of guys informed me the hardware was all fake, saved me $1000. But the one you got looks great and I say congrats! GITEN
m14brian

·
Retired
4,707 Posts
All of the pics posted look great. Somehow I never get tired of seeing pics of these rifles, but it just fuels my addiction....

·
Premium Member
7,630 Posts
All of the pics posted look great. Somehow I never get tired of seeing pics of these rifles, but it just fuels my addiction....
Chris, you and I have the same problem, we like these weapons in any form! I never tire of looking at pictures of them and think threads talking about M14s needs pictures, one reason I post pictures of what I have, that and I like to showoff a bit.

Whether you like them or not, M14s are the sexiest of firearms!

RENGI2

·
Premium Member
7,630 Posts
I love the E2 stock. My all purpose M14 wears one. The fact that you found your long sought after rifle in an E2 stock is just icing on the cake. I think you will really enjoy this rifle.

Bud, you got a very good looking M14E2/A1, very nice. There's a fat old man on this forum who spews hate for them at every opportunity, but I don't understand it. They are gorgeous in my minds eye, love them!

REN

·
Registered
692 Posts
Well I’ve always been on the lookout for an M1A born same year as me... It also had to be somewhat economic... Turns out that piece of glory is in the shape of a 5 line M1A decked out in an M14E2 stock and hardware. The pictures look promising and I am excited to get my hands on her. Hopefully it’s not delayed too much but I understand if it is...

Please see the GB pic for a teaser. I’m not sure if it’s a legit E2 stock because of the overall condition is excellent. Regardless, I think she’s purdy. Caught her on GB and I had to bring her home.

I’ll post with detailed pics once I get it so you all can tell me more about it!!
hope you get one that has the LOOK !!! like my two.
both with E2 stocks are Devine Tx. built

Attachments

·
Registered
2,484 Posts

Nice for your 1st M1A. Stock looks like all USGI. Bolt is a recalled bolt. Back in the day when SAI recalled these they were replaced with a USGI bolt. If you send it back now(still covered under warranty) you won't get a USGI bolt.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Congrats on the new rifle. When the E2 stocks became available from SAI in the mid '70s, I knew I had to have one. Had this one since 1978.

·
Premium Member
7,630 Posts
I hate to show my ignorance, but what does the E2 stock add to accuracy?
The M14E2/A1 was designed to help control the M14 when used in the SAW role. It helped to keep the muzzle down when used in full auto and thus more controllable.

Other features found on the E2 was a stabilizer, which also aided in muzzle control.

Take a look here, if you want to know more.

https://m14forum.com/m14/161788-usgi-m14e2-m14a1-s-parts.html

REN

1 - 20 of 24 Posts