M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Ive got a bag about about 500 175gr Privi Partizan 7.62 projectiles that I ordered a while back. They are of decent quality and so far i havent had any issues....

I know there is a lot of scuttlebutt at rifle ranges, but one guy who seemed somewhat knowledgeable told me that these projectiles are unsafe. Anyone know anything about this? comments? concerns??

Organizing a trip/get together on saturday up at the 1000 yard rifle range north of austin, TX with some buddies and i intend to make a pretty decent amount (next to my AMAX's).

Oh yeah, anyone in the area is invited to show up as well. They have 100, 200, 500, 700 and 1000 M firing lines.

DS K.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Don't know about the 175gr but the 168gr shoot fine and is actually good ammo. If you reload, you can reuse the cases afterwards.

·
"Death From Above"
11,432 Posts
A friend shoots there .308 in his 14 no problems. I picked up 2000 rounds of there .223 match but have not opened it yet. I shoot nothing but the 175 SMKs in my 14's. I am pretty sure the limit to what you want to do is 180 but why push the envelope.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I shoot Privi all of the time. You can buy 200 rds from cabella's I think for around $140. I shoot 168gr.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Privi Ammo is GTG!ICONWINK
BTW Where north of Austin?

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to hear, cause ive been sitting on about 500 projectiles that ive been hesitant to make into bullets, lol.

Its called Best of the West Shooting i believe, its in liberty hill, just NW of austin i believe.

Gonna be laying some scunion on some steel!

Privi Ammo is GTG!ICONWINK
BTW Where north of Austin?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Partisan is good ammo

Have used it in many calibers including 308.

Accuracy is good.
Though the soft points jackets are a bit soft ( on hogs).

·
Registered
65 Posts
While not .308, Ive shot quite a bit of 30-30 winchester out of my Winchester 1894 and havent had one issue with them at all. The brass is actually nicer quality and cleaner than the white box Winchester ammunition. The Prvi bullets are also very consistent and seated the same depth.

Im going to say the guy that said they were unsafe had no idea what he was talking about (at least with that ammunition)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Gtg!

I've shot it in my M14 type rifles and my black rifles. No problems encountered and a step in accuracy from most milsurp stuff out there.

·
Registered
193 Posts
All the replies above are consistent with my experience. I like Prvi Partisan. I don't have a 14 yet, so I can't speak to the ammo in question, but their 75 grain .223 ammo is very good stuff for the money.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey thanks for you input gentlemen,

So far its decent. usually prints about 3 MOA with handloads. Yeah this guy was saying all kinds of stuff, he also told me about a few "loads" that seemed unusually hot for the M14... should have been my first indicator, but ive learned that a broken clock is right at least twice day and anything concerning safety i try to follow up on.

Shot the 1000 meter today in 20-30 MPH winds. I was holding 4-4.5 Mils left for most of it. Old girl did outstanding, even with the 168's, but especially with SMK 175's.

The privi did par for the course and i used her for busting steel pumpkins at 250 and 500, rapid. No issues.

·
Registered
476 Posts
but ive learned that a broken clock is right at least twice day and anything concerning safety i try to follow up on.
Can't go wrong with that kind of logic. Privi is one of my favorites, both the 168 gn. match and the 145 gn. in the little square white boxes.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Always heard good things about Privi. Haven't tried the 308 stuff but got some for my .30 carbine and it's GTG.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have not used Prvi through my M1a yet. I have shot about 100+ rounds through my MAS 36 & 49/56 rifles. They are one of the few manufactures of new 7,5 French. I really like this ammo. It shoots clean and accurate.

I have friends that only shoot it through their M4/AR', because of the quality. I really haven't asked why because I rarely shoot my M4.

Hope that helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts