M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I have been looking and not talking trying to learn what I can. Just received my M1A "Loaded" and had a question about the barrel. I understood it to have a National Match barrel but after I disassembled it I can find no identification marks saying it is a NM. Any suggestions from the guys that know? All I can see on the barrel is SA Inc, the city and state.

The front sight has a NM but other than that the barrel is unmarked. for me the trigger is really sweet - can't wait to shoot it.

From reading the posts I can see you guys are light years ahead of me in knowledge but I would appreciate the help.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Welcome aboard from E. Kentucky. Look on the barrel out in front of the gas cylinder, you should see "NM" roll stamped.

·
Premium Member
4,684 Posts
Welcome to the forum from central MS.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
I hope the weather cooperates with your plans to shoot the new weapon.....

·
Administrator
17,190 Posts
Great decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often TinIndian69.

DI5

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Mine is stamped NM .308 along its top between the gas cylinder and the muzzle. It should be a medium contour barrel. Lock the action open and snap a picture of the barrel through the op-rod cutout on the handguard.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Sorry about your new purchase...USN2

Just something else that'll need plenty of money and time and attention and road trips to the range and.....lol!!!

Congrats and enjoy the new experience(s) you will find yourself headed to. USNA

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Just call Springfield Armory with the serial number, they will tell you what it left the factory as.

Welcome to the forum and the M1A platform from Cleveland, Ohio.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Merry Christmas to all

Thank you one and all for your help - I am traveling now and when I get home I will look by the gas cylinder to confirm the NM barrel.

Squid I can tell you are wise - I already see the dollar signs with the purchase of 6 mags (to get me started) and the Ron Brown sling and I haven't even used my "loaded" coupon that came with the M1A.

The next purchase will be to put together a kit for wear parts like extractor, etc. Any other suggestions?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts