M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to put optics on my M1A Scout and have pretty much decided the ARMS 18 split rail is exactly what Im looking for. You guys could probably guess the problem with this conclusion.
So the question is: Is the Promag PM081 a viable stand in for an ARMS 18 split rail mount?

Id just go with a split rail ARMS but finding one (lets just ignore finding one I can afford) isnt going to happen. As far as I can tell the Promags then my only other option for a split rail. Ive bought magazines from them before and have gotta say that wont happen again. So before I shell out does anyone have much experience with really using these mounts? Ive searched around and found a couple threads, but nobody had a whole lot to say on the matter. That may just be my inability to get the search function to return anything relevant though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Art, appreciate the input and its good to know its a solid mount. I know of the issue with SAI reciever spec and scope mounts, just not how to correct it if I run into the problem (but Ill learn). Is it more common of a problem with these promags than a Basset or ARMS? Im assuming its across the board and just purely down to the individual reciever, but worth asking anyways. From what Ive read it seems Sadlaks require the most fitting, but are the most solid in the end.

·
Premium Member
18,640 Posts
Sadlak will give you support in getting their mount to work on about anything.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Contrary to what I have read , I purchased a SAI Aluminum Gen 4 mount & after following the directions , no problem with fitment on my SOCOM 16, shot all day with a test Scope & everything is still rock solid . Once I get a Cheek Riser for it & adj. , this 16.6" Barrel will surprise you with very close to MOA rifle .

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.