M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last glasses I ordered were a pair for everyday wear & a pair of reading glasses. But ready to try progressives.

I had bifocals once & wore them less then half an hour. Almost wrecked in the parking lot because of the parallax error between the two lenses.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Great

I use progressive lenses, and they're just super. I recently went for about a week without them, and getting them back was a huge relief. Once you get used to them, they're the best.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Worn progressive lenses for years. Took to them like a duck to water. Do not notice any difference when wearing them. Eyes just seem to know where to go when using them.

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having dealt with lined bifocals in the past I've been leary of even trying progressives. But a separate pair of reading glasses are also a pain.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I see, says the blind man.

I hate them. Myopia sufferers like me have issues with progressives.
I still take them off to see real close. Long distance viewing sucks.
Back to single lenses or me next time.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
With progressive lenses, don't forget the mid-range. Some have a relatively big area for distance and a decent spot for reading but just a narrow strip in between for mid-range. Like computer screens, car instrument panels, etc.

+1 on taking taking them back if you find yourself tipping your head down to see distance.

I wear contacts with mono vision targeted at the computer screen and use reading glasses when necessary. However, some days I wear glasses with progressive lenses. Can't imagine any other alternative for glasses.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I had a pair of progressives. Never really liked them.

I can still read most of the time without near vision correction. Maybe if I really had to have it, I would have been forced to make them work. For me it was easier to take them off to read.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I used progressives on a pair of glasses I had for several years. When I got a new pair I didn't think I was using the progressives so I decided to save the money and get them without. Big mistake, I hated them! I had no idea how much I was using the progressives every time I glanced down to read something. Since then I always get them...

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have had them for many years. I have no trouble with iron or scope. Computer no problem. I got used to them right away. My eyesight only needs a slight correction and the prescription hardly ever changes.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I tried them and could not stand wearing them. Reading with them just drove me crazy. Went to regular bi-focals and no problem reading.

·
Eye Master
4,065 Posts
Hate 'em, almost wrecked driving with them.

They suck for shooting.

My brother loves his, so I can't just assume my opinion is correct.... no, wait, I CAN just assume my opinion is correct. My brother is wrong! Progressives suck, just because I say so.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I've been wearing progressives glasses for about the past 11 years, took some very getting used to but I really love them. I do have a pair of progressive sunglasses that I paid way too much for that are absolutely fantastic for my vision but due to the small lenses I have to tilt my head up or down to see correctly because of the small lense size, very aggrevating.

So basing my experience with that particular issue I'd suggest anybody getting progressive lenses to make sure the lenses are large enough, too small a lense and there's just way too much trying happen in too little of an area.

Oh yea, also...

Whenever first getting adjusted to progressive glasses, walking down stairs is a real hoot!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.