M14 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem with X-14 magazine:
I'm reposting this instead of hijacking Different's review. Has anyone else run into this issue? I received my x-14 magazine a week and a half ago for my SAI Scout Squad. The mag will not latch into place when the bolt is closed. With the bolt open I can insert the drum and it will latch in securely; however, a lip on the top of the mag is riding high. I pulled an idiot when I forced the bolt closed over it and scratched the bottom of my bolt up in the process. GI3 I have contacted James about this problem twice by email and twice by phone without a reply. What do you all recommend short of taking a file to it? If I do that I'm concerned that I won't be able to match their ever-so-special ceramic paint on the inside of my file job.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Hey I just caught this, did you send an email through our form submission on xs-products.com? or through alliedaramment.com? I am having a new website built and I think they have redirected my emails to another account. Anyway here is a video on how to mod your drum and match the paint if there is a problem. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMShom4D1YA[/ame]

It looks like you've found were the bolt rubs on the feed lip. If you can rub the bolt back an forth over it, it should rub the high spot smooth and it wont damage your bolt as the bolt is made of steel and the magazine is made of aluminum.

Another alternative is you can also do a couple light file strokes over the magazine where the bolt is rubbing and that should take care of the interference.

We will still honor the lifetime warranty with the mods, and you can use this post as my testament to which. Also flat black rustoleum will match the paint almost identically.

Please post with a follow up.

Thank you,

James Malarkey

Xs-Products

www.xs-products.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts