M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I had my RRA upper built, I had them put a railed gas block on the front... just assuming a gas block was a gas block, right? Wrong.

I finally got my Troy flip-up BUIS and the FS is too low (shoots 2' high @ 75' GI3 ) Thinking I was clever, I got a YHM 1/2" riser... now it shoots 1' too low @ 75'.

I'm looking online for a replacement 'M-4 height' railed gas block... but I'm having a bit of a problem finding exactly what I need.

I think THIS is what I'm looking for, but I would rather have a clamp-on. It is a .750" mounting point.

Pics of the gas block in question... RRA block w/Troy sight:

And with the ill-fated riser...

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not exactly the same direction as you but I went with this. And it integrates with my YHM forearm really nice as it folds into forearm.
https://yhm.net/front-flip-sight-tower-standard.html
I saw that originally, but I wanted to avoid having to swap the gas block out... that was the whole idea of the railed gas block in the first place.

As far as the Troy sights... they are first-class! I really like them.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
When I had my RRA upper built, I had them put a railed gas block on the front... just assuming a gas block was a gas block, right? Wrong.

I finally got my Troy flip-up BUIS and the FS is too low (shoots 2' high @ 75' GI3 ) Thinking I was clever, I got a YHM 1/2" riser... now it shoots 1' too low @ 75'.

I'm looking online for a replacement 'M-4 height' railed gas block... but I'm having a bit of a problem finding exactly what I need.

I think THIS is what I'm looking for, but I would rather have a clamp-on. It is a .750" mounting point.

Pics of the gas block in question... RRA block w/Troy sight:

And with the ill-fated riser...

you need a taller (receiver height) railed gas block, till this day I don't understand why they make the lower one that is not inline with the receiver

·
Registered
531 Posts
I saw that originally, but I wanted to avoid having to swap the gas block out... that was the whole idea of the railed gas block in the first place.

As far as the Troy sights... they are first-class! I really like them.
Ye sir, they are. My dad said I was crazy for paying that much for the battle sight but worth every penny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts