M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard today, from a friend, that Pro Mag is making a stock for our beloved M14s'.
Anyone have any info. on this?

Thanks

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
No info here, but one of their top people is a member here, Echo5Charlie I think is his username, I'm ashamed I fell outta touch with him, great guy ......Maybe he'll happen along and fill us in.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Seems more likely for a mini than the m14 platform. Would be interesting to see what they come up with if they do though.

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's in the Archangel lineup that was displayed at one of the SHOT shows. Looks like a knock off of the JAE, alittle different but similar, I don't think it will have the Aluminum chasis that the JAE has. Last I checked their was no mention on Promags website. Their used to be a photo on gunblast.com.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts

I found this picture here: http://www.gunblast.com/NASGW2010.htm

The sign behind the stock in the picture says that it is a drop-in fit with no gunsmithing required.
Attractive piece of work. I'd still wanna check it with the rifle I hoped to drop into it. Assume a typical unlugged M1A and standard contour barrel. The fitting issue comes up because over the years the manufacturer has produced M1A receivers in slightly different dimensions and patterns. This is something for the shooter to be alert to whether the proposed switch will be to a synthetic stock or another wood stock.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
The sign in the picture reads "convert your Springield M1A to the Archangel M1A stock. No mention of a 10/22. So I'm assuming it is for an M1A.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Im sure its gotta be just a solid plastic stock with no type of skeleton or structure like a JAE though. Wonder if they've started filing a lawsuit because of the similar profile...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
The sign in the picture reads "convert your Springield M1A to the Archangel M1A stock. No mention of a 10/22. So I'm assuming it is for an M1A.
Yes, but when I googled "Promag M1A stock" I got a bunch of links to stocks to convert 10/22s to look like M14s with JAE stocks...

As for Promag copying JAE — this is what they do. Just look at their scope mounts for the M14.
That said, I have a couple of their products for my AR, and they're really not bad.

Bimmer

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's all about getting the most bang for the buck.
It appears that is all about ProMag getting the most buck with the least amount of effort.

If it's as good as it looks maybe J.A.E. is overpriced?
More than likely, this stock is made from inferior polymers with no bedding. The JAE and EBR chassis are "overpriced" because they actually involve extensive designing, engineering and machining. The are designed to improve the both the function and accuracy of the M14 system.

The ProMag will definitely appeal to individuals who want an inexpensive, poorly performing stock that "looks as good as" the actual products that it mimics.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It will probably be built about like the Springfield Armory plastic stocks that they are selling their new M1A standards with, except that this one has adjustable cheek height and LOP.

·
Rest in Peace
794 Posts
It's all about getting the most bang for the buck. If it's as good as it looks maybe J.A.E. is overpriced?
The JAE stock is almost 100% aircraft aluminum, with only a thin plastic coat for the exterior -- it requires hours of computer driven machining -- to say the promag will give you any bang for the buck --

it's like comparing a plastic drop in CHOATE stock to an HS Precision --

Unless this is for 10-22s, and then I'm getting one to use next to me JAE --

·
Rest in Peace
794 Posts
It IS supposed to be for the Springfield M1-A -- for $300! Think of the people who will buy this crappy plastic stock thinking they are getting the quality and performance improvement of the JAE -- and WTF --
dance2
they BARELY changed a few details -- this is as blatant a ripoff as the Magpul SRS is of the old HK PSG-1 stock -- I notice when I google Archangel M1a all the sites selling it have NO picture -- you think Promag had them pull them?

Guilty?

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'll have to see and handle one before making any judgements good or bad. I have a JAE and am happy with it, but my standard with a GI stock looks and shoots good too.

1 - 20 of 267 Posts