M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys
I wonder if there is a prismatic scope with long eye relief for a SOCOM and Scout rifle.
I have a prismatic on my AR15 and like it very much. Mainly because it is light weight and provides a good sight picture.
I want a scope to fill the role for CQB and distance shooting.
The Primary Arms 1-6x scope I have fills the above role, the only draw back is the weight of the scope.
I also have an Aimpoint but it has no magnification and not practical for long distances.
So I feel the prismatic scope is the best of both worlds with less weight.
I have 2 SOCOMS and 2 Scouts and wanting to add a multi use scope. These are SHTF rifles. Get the picture?
Disclosure. I am new to optics for the M1a and open to opinions. I know opinions will vary.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Another option is to piggyback a flip to side magnifier
You can get them up to X5

·
Registered
23 Posts
I love my Primary Arms ACSS Prism scopes. I've used the 2.5x & 4x fixed models, and the 1-6x. I prefer the fixed models, the 1-6x was too large. I've only tried them on AR's but just bought an M1A and now need funds for a Sadlak mount so I can try the 4x on there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I find short eye relief the biggest draw back to a prismatic scope on the M1a. The primary arms 1-6x is a good scope. Its CQB plus distance. Just a tad heavy. I will probably get another one unless I find a prismatic with long eye relief.

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snyper762
1 - 6 of 6 Posts