M14 Forum banner

Priming.

716 24
Priming a few boxer cases this morning with Federal 210Ms. Did a couple of batches of berdan yesterday using Tula 7.62 Ns. I use the same tool for both, RCBS universal. I like this priming tool a lot because there is no need for different shell holders and after some getting used to, you can tell if the primer pocket is worn or working well. Whatta Hobby!

Audio equipment Gas Machine Musical instrument accessory Metal
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
RCBS replaced the plastic parts in mine at no charge. All I did was write a letter, not many do that anymore, told them what was wrong and gave them my address and phone number and asked for their advice. They sent me two of each sm and lg.
RCBS has fantastic customer service. Just email them or call and leave a message. They'll get back to you in a couple of days.

However, their quality has started to wain in the past few years unfortunately IMO. The replacement parts I've received have been of lesser quality metal, almost like pot metal and tend to not last, even the plastic parts are made less durable. I finally replaced my .223 and 30/06 dies with Hornady and have been happy I've done so. The RC press I have has been a tank and never given me any issues. Of course, I've had it for almost 30 years.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hello I guess I’m late on this thread but I apologize. In the beginning you said you were priming berdan primed cases? I just recycled 40 pounds of them for the price of the brass because I did not know they were reloadable. Can someone point me in the direction of how to do this? I have been reloading for 20 years but I never found a way to do this. I guess I missed it. Thanks in advance for any help.
PITA and I'm not sure why, but hey, if you've got the time..........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts