M14 Forum banner

Priming.

716 24
Priming a few boxer cases this morning with Federal 210Ms. Did a couple of batches of berdan yesterday using Tula 7.62 Ns. I use the same tool for both, RCBS universal. I like this priming tool a lot because there is no need for different shell holders and after some getting used to, you can tell if the primer pocket is worn or working well. Whatta Hobby!

Audio equipment Gas Machine Musical instrument accessory Metal
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I use the same RCBS Universal hand primer ...as you can "feel" the tightness of setting the primer. Not all primers and brass primer pockets are equal in exact size. I wear golf gloves to help my old hands when priming several hundred at a time.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I’ve been trying to find large rifle primers for a while. If I do find them they either want third party paying or they just want too much. Same thing for powder.
Do you have any primers to trade? A while back I posted in a forum Trade section to swap a brick of small pistol I had for a brick of small rifle. I stated LOCAL ONLY. A forum member responded and met me at a local store and we swapped primers.

Reactions: nf1e

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I use one of these RCBS bench priming tools; however, I have it attached to an RCBS accessory plate that I can attach when needed to the bench with a clamp thereby, freeing up much needed space on my reloading bench. Except for my Redding Ultramag press, I have my both of my redding powder throwers, and a Rock chucker press on these accessory base plates from RCBS. I can rearrange my reloading bench whenever I want to without having to drill holes in my reloading bench. Very convenient!
Good minds....think alike! With limited workspace I have my RCBS mounting plates ( for presses ) and motorized trimmer mounted to 12x24x3/4 board that I can clamp to my work bench or remove and set below. (y)
Wood Tire Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior

1 - 3 of 3 Posts