M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Priming a few boxer cases this morning with Federal 210Ms. Did a couple of batches of berdan yesterday using Tula 7.62 Ns. I use the same tool for both, RCBS universal. I like this priming tool a lot because there is no need for different shell holders and after some getting used to, you can tell if the primer pocket is worn or working well. Whatta Hobby!

Audio equipment Gas Machine Musical instrument accessory Metal

·
Premium Member
21,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Used the RCBS hand held primer for some time until the plastic piece that held the tray in place split. Could not get a replacement part from RCBS. So I went with the Forester hand held. I'm a lefty and the RCBS was a dream to use. The Forester is built like a tank and is uncomfortable to use with my left hand. Wish I had gotten the universal RCBS. Oh well maybe I need to build up my right hand. Cheers CWO
RCBS replaced the plastic parts in mine at no charge. All I did was write a letter, not many do that anymore, told them what was wrong and gave them my address and phone number and asked for their advice. They sent me two of each sm and lg.

·
Premium Member
21,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello I guess I’m late on this thread but I apologize. In the beginning you said you were priming berdan primed cases? I just recycled 40 pounds of them for the price of the brass because I did not know they were reloadable. Can someone point me in the direction of how to do this? I have been reloading for 20 years but I never found a way to do this. I guess I missed it. Thanks in advance for any help.
Very easy to do. They have been advertised as non-reloadable for years for some weird reason. The main problem today is finding the correct berdan primers. I use an RCBS berdan decapping tool and it works like a charm. I prime with berdan primers using the same tool as boxers. I prefer the berdan because of the two flash hole rather than the boxer's one. Whatta Hobby!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts