M14 Forum banner

Primer scams

532 7
I had to stop going to range with my M1A or RR 308 because I couldn't find primers (CCI 200) or H4895 or IMR 8208 powder to reload hulls. Lots of scammers selling primers on the WWW at 1/2 costs, which is a dead give-a-way as being a scam. I found a few at gun shows but didn't trust their validity. Any idea when CCI will be distributing again????? What about powders???? I can wait, but don't like to wait.
Reactions: Gator 4570
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
The CEO of Vista Outdoors, which is the parent corporation of (nearly) every US primer manufacturer, made a public statement in March of this year stating that the rest of their 2022 production was already spoken for, and that sales for reloading of CCI and Federal primers had been halted for the remainder of 2022. He indicated that it would be sometime next year before anything new would be available. I've been waiting for an updated forecast since then, but if anything has come out, I obviously missed it.

Look at it from the manufacturer's standpoint - despite what they say about 'we're running 24/7 to make primers,' where are they all going? Into factory ammo? Or is Brandon having the BATFEmen buy billions of primers to keep them out of our hands? I dunno, but something definitely smells like fish to me.

Reactions: tank1949

·
Registered
64 Posts
The CEO of Vista Outdoors, which is the parent corporation of (nearly) every US primer manufacturer, made a public statement in March of this year stating that the rest of their 2022 production was already spoken for, and that sales for reloading of CCI and Federal primers had been halted for the remainder of 2022. He indicated that it would be sometime next year before anything new would be available. I've been waiting for an updated forecast since then, but if anything has come out, I obviously missed it.

Look at it from the manufacturer's standpoint - despite what they say about 'we're running 24/7 to make primers,' where are they all going? Into factory ammo? Or is Brandon having the BATFEmen buy billions of primers to keep them out of our hands? I dunno, but something definitely smells like fish to me.
I have been able to get Remington primers through targetsportsusa.com. They also have some CCI and winchester primers from time to time. I have a ”please notify when in stock” on primers and powders with midwayusa and brownells and I have been able to get all the primers and powders I need. If you use IMR or Hodgdon powders, you can go to shop.hodgdon.com and order direct from hodgdon when the powders are in stock. I was successful in obtaining 4064 there and some other powders. I mainly shoot 4064 in my M1A

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been able to get Remington primers through targetsportsusa.com. They also have some CCI and winchester primers from time to time. I have a ”please notify when in stock” on primers and powders with midwayusa and brownells and I have been able to get all the primers and powders I need. If you use IMR or Hodgdon powders, you can go to shop.hodgdon.com and order direct from hodgdon when the powders are in stock. I was successful in obtaining 4064 there and some other powders. I mainly shoot 4064 in my M1A
Thanks, but now I have tried the above and NADA.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Primers are out there. But you need to be really quick. Or pay the mark up on gb.

Sundays local gun shoe vendors had some. Mostly 30+ year old stock, still at $10 per sleeve. One had a few k of federal new, but at $150 per k, I'm pretty sure he took them home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts