M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, wanting opinions. What price is simply too good to pass up for a SAI M1A with all GI parts on excellent plus condition? You know, the situation of adding some already owned, duplicates I guess you would say. Input please. Wanting a dollar figure as well.

Thanks, Chiro

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I paid $1500 for a NIB SAI standard ten years ago in California. Its all USGI with exception of trigger housing, FS, and receiver........and to me its worth every penny.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Your question is really up to each indivigual. How much is it worth to you? If the asking price is significantly below that point it would meet your criteria for price.
My personal threshhold for what you describe is about $1000.00 give or take a little depending on how my finances are at the time of the oppurtunity.
I have had a couple of those deals come along only to pass them up and regret it latter.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I agree a grand or less and it's too good to pass up.. now $1200 or so it depends on a few factors like do I have the money?? can I beg, borrow, steal the $$.?? Do I want a M-1A..?? can I hide it from the wife?? Is ammo gonna bankrupt me?? B2B

·
Registered
687 Posts
Wish I could live right here but see the deals you guys come across! Out here unless its a private sale a beat t hell DCM parts garand fetch's near a grand!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Pace yourself, with this economy only getting worst, the price "Too good to pass up" will probably keep dropping.

That being said, for me personally, right now, for a rifle in excellent condition, that catches my eye, I MIGHT go as high as $1200.00

And at that price the seller could maybe "part it out" for more money...

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Pace yourself, with this economy only getting worst, the price "Too good to pass up" will probably keep dropping.

That being said, for me personally, right now, for a rifle in excellent condition, that catches my eye, I MIGHT go as high as $1200.00

And at that price the seller could maybe "part it out" for more money...
Good point about parts value, just most people won't take the time or don't know how. Best deals I've stumbled onto = private sales, local classifieds, garage/estate sales, pawn shops.

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you have any credit card debt then consider your $1000 M1A financed on the card even if you pay cash. If you have a 15-25% interest rate it gets easy to pass up a $1000 M1A.

That said, for $1000 I'd grab it then post it on gunbroker ASAP.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
All Gi parts and excellent condition, I'd say $1200 would be too good to pass up. I'm just assuming that we are talking about a standard and not NM or supermatch. The parts alone would fetch $2000 plus parted out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'd have to agree. It's too easy to find a "new", or "as new" just as you described on GB in the $1250-$1350 range. Search results there, and similar sites for NIB M1A would have hundred(s) of results... Good Luck !

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I'd say $1100 is too good to pass up, but if you're talkin lower serial number, matched parts set, etc, I've been known to put a little more in themGI2

I look at it this way, you can get a new standard with almost no GI parts for $1400. 2-300 less than that is a no passer. A couple hundred more for one you fancy, not bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts