M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale is an Iron Brigade Armory-built M1A. This was my first M1A, and I'm still not 100% familiar with the terminology, so if something isn't clear, please feel free to contact me to clear it up.

Rear-lugged receiver 081XXX serial number(UPDATE: Receiver built in 94 as a normal receiver, rear lug added afterwards, but done very well)
Hooded national match rear sight and nm front sight
Brookfield Precision scope mount
Brookfield Precision spring guide
USGI SA Op Rod
USGI TRW bolt
USGI HR trigger group
Barnett barrel
McMillan M3A camo stock with adjustable cheek piece and spacer system
iBA full bedding job of Titanium Devcon with a skim coat of Marine Tex
30mm rings (according to previous owner they are RAD, I cannot confirm make)
Leuopold Mark 4 3.5-10 with M1 turrets and Mil-Dot reticles with flip-up caps
Harris Bipod

Also comes with:

Starlight hard case with foam cut to match
Additional stock spacers
5 20 round magazines
1 10 round magazine
1 5 round magazine

Rifle has approximately 400 rounds shot through from first owner, and I've put through 20 more. It's in excellent condition, with wear from the op rod (as seen in pictures) and some wear on moving parts.

Appears to be close to an M25 clone, really only missing the Brookfield gas piston from what I can see.

I cannot confirm if the gas system has been unitized. It is definitely not screwed together, and there are no noticeable external welds. However, from what I've read there is a method of welding them that doesn't leave a lot of external evidence. I find it hard to believe it wouldn't be unitized. I'm in touch with IBA and they are pulling the file for the gun to confirm, but as of now I cannot confirm that it is unitized. If you have a quick method for checking I would be happy to do so.

Asking price is $3200 shipped from my FFL. Please, no trades. I'll need to scratch the M14 itch at some point, just not now.

Also willing to sell for $2600 shipped without the Leupold.

Please, if you have any questions, or need any additional pictures of anything, please let me know. I'm new to this forum, but have some feedback on ar15.com and a good amount of feedback on ebay Also have feedback on audiogon, for those into high-end audio.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it's the weld line left after being ground down and refinished. It's not usually that visible, the flash made it stand out. Here it is closer, and from a different angle. If it weren't for that line, it'd be hard to tell that it wasn't part of the original receiver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.