M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this optic? Can you make any comparisons? I am one of those whack jobs that puts an optic thats more expensive than the gun if its worth it (My eyes are bad).

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I hear ya about expensive optics if they're worth it. I considered PR's when I was looking, for what they cost I'd have just gone with a Schmidt & Bender. Some people are extremely pleased with them and some have issues with them. I went with USO, twice, since they offer options most makers don't.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have two of the 5-25x56's with the Gen II-XR reticle - use them for long range tactical shooting out to 1000 yards. One is an earlier model, without the parallax marking, and one is a newer one with it. Haven't had any issues with either one, although some people did have oddities with the earlier ones. In many cases, the parallax would stop working, but that could be tracked back to the rings being tightened beyond spec, and loosening them would free up the parallax.

There was a $1000 difference between the PR and S&B at the time I bought them, and having used the S&B, didn't feel there was any benefit to them other than history. I do like the knobs on the PR more, with the milestone setup, however. I also have USO SN-3 scopes, which I think are absolutely awesome also. The ability to customize them to the nth degree is a huge draw - illuminated or not, left-hand windage, different knobs/reticles/tube diameters/objective sizes/etc.

When you're talking about scopes in this range, you really can't go wrong. Just find the one with the features that suit you, try to spend some time behind the various models, and go from there...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.