M14 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha,

I don't have an M40 and this is the closest I get with my Remy 700... This one has a new Badger base and rings setup with my SA 6-20x56mm scope mounted.

http://tokamura.tipg.net/images/PrecisionRifle/PR-01.jpg

Close Ups of the Badger setup. Yeah, I am trying to be more photographically inclined... :lol:

http://tokamura.tipg.net/images/PrecisionRifle/PR-02.jpg
http://tokamura.tipg.net/images/PrecisionRifle/PR-03.jpg

I hope you like them... and I hope to test this baby out soon!

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Tom,

That’s a great looking rifle. How does it shoot?

You’ve always had great pics to share and I’ve always enjoyed them, thanks. I’ve just recently been able to do some experimenting with a little digital camera my dad has; it isn’t the easiest thing in the world to do, but hey, with digital you can practice a lot and learn. I’ve had an old SLR for a couple of years now and am still leaning quite a bit. The pic below is a photograph I took when I first got the camera and was screwing around a bit.

Best regards, T

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/0603/JTR8541/M14/6ab695fc.gif

·
Registered
609 Posts
Thanks Tom. The contrast in the photograph really set it off for me. I pretty much do photography by attrition so going digital really makes sense. One of these days I’m going to have to put out some cash for a decent camera and probably a new computer that can better handle the images.

Best regards, T

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I like the soft black & white concept TB .... Looks good! :wink:

Toms camera takes those kinda pics that look like there right out of a magazine ... :wink:

Whew! 8O

Six

·
Registered
609 Posts
Tom’s pics look awesome; they very well could be pics for a magazine. I love how he’s got the subject up close and clear and the background considerably distant and a bit out of focus, really emphasizes the subject and gives the pic more of a story to tell. I also like the coloring you did to my pic, looks great.

Best regards, T

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi T and SixT:

I would love to shoot better pics and that is a big goal for me. I think having some place to shoot really helps. Unlike TomR and SixT, I don't have the outdoors like they do... so I try to use my imagination on indoor shots.

I have been trying to figure out is there is one place that I could shoot my pics, which would save a bunch of time in setup... right now, I have to take everything that I want in the shot out, set it up, then shoot. Of course, break everything back down... boy, it takes time.

There is a guy in American Handgunner who shoots lots of their pics and I like them... I think his name is Ichiro Nagata. Pretty cool stuff.

Anyway, maybe next time, I can go with a wide angle lens and play around with other lens sets that I have... this digital photography is the way to go...

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey VanHahner:

I'll bet you needed a step ladder to get that whole scope in there! Man, that is some scope! Can't miss with the "X" filling up the entire reticle, huh? Looks like you got that digital pics down pat!

Awesome rifle!!! .17 is getting popular... I see quite a few at the range now days...

Very Cool, Sir!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
609 Posts
VanHahner,

I use a tripod when ever I can; once I get the shot set up I also like to use the timer on the camera so I am not in contact with the camera in any way when the shot goes off.

I love Ichiro Nagata’s photographs. I think they are very well thought out and are enough to keep my imagination going for a while.

What kind of cameras are you guys using now?

T

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey T:

Hawk is thinking of maybe adding a section where we can trade our picture taking experiences... cool! :lol:

I currently use a Sony FD-95 Mavica, and I love it. However, I know I am shooting with a dinosaur... but I will keep using it until it breaks...

There are so many new products on the market today, featuring 5 megapixels which is excellent for printing but NOT necessary for what we do, but I will bet will shoot AWESOME pics...

For the pocket, I keep an Olympus D-340 and that takes GREAT pics on the fly...

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aloha OD.45:

The Rem 700 VS is my most accurate rifle so far but not necessarily my favorite. However, at this moment, I am still testing different handloads and commerical Match ammo.

My groups normally hover about .6-1 MOA but I am sure that I can press it and get even better performance. Or at least more consistent performance, but I need to settle on a specific load or ammo and practice.

The trigger was lightened to about 4# (ave.) but I am confident a lighter trigger will yield even better results.

This is one of, if not the best, group so far. I fired 3 shots, was so excited I decided to save the last two rounds. Chicken? Yep!

http://tokamura.tipg.net/images/CustomStock/Target01.JPG

I am going to practice more, and I am sure I can become more proficient and consistent with this rifle!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
199 Posts
dighawaii said:
Aloha,

I don't have an M40 and this is the closest I get with my Remy 700... This one has a new Badger base and rings setup with my SA 6-20x56mm scope mounted.
Just wandering about the scope. What kind of range are you getting with that setup? Are you running out of clicks before you get to 1000 yards? Or are you still just getting used to the rifle. Let us have another range report soon! Very nice piece indeed?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.