M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just returned from a three day Precision Rifle class with Sean Little of www.vaportrailtactical.net. Great class and very knowledgeable instructor.My experience with scopes is very limited and the other 7 students were certainly better than me but I learned more than I thought I could at one time. The course started in the classroom but we were on the range afternoon of the first day and stayed the rest of the time. Sean is very hands on, out in the field type instructor. He's a former Marine Sniper and now is a firearms instructor for the Capital Police.Over the three days we put about 250 rounds downrange and learned everything from simple 100,300,and 500 yard zero's and groups to on the last day finding 13 1/2x 21 1/2 and smaller steel targets in enfilade at unknown distance,ranging them with mil-dot scope,and engaging the target. Must hit in no more than two shots.Very fast paced,hold over/off shots no dialing. We shot steel out to 960 yards also unknown distance. I used my Remington SPS Tactical. Most of the other students had custom guns with a couple of Larue AR10's. I'm thinking of going back with a scope on my M1A match rifle. Best three days of shooting I've had in years.Class moves real fast so I had limited time for photo's but got a few. Used American Eagle M1A ammo 168's great performance.The photo's are the 1000 yd. range. There is also a 600 yd. recently harvested corn field. Finding targets on and around that is a real chore.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Thats Just Too Cool !!!

I had no idea there were classes like that availible to regular ol civilians. I've taken the Jim Owens high power class and it was GREAT for service rifle competition.
I would like to be better with my bolt gun (Rem 700 PSS) maybe even some 1000yd matches. Sounds like this class would do the trick.

Now I have to save some money and schedule vacation GI6

Thanks for the post

Todd

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hmm, sounds interesting and not too far from me. Due to my eyes my highpower days seem to be numbered, but I was always a good scope shooter, hunted coyotes in AZ for 14 years and shot a few 1000 yard matches with a 22 inch flattop AR15 and a cheap Weaver scope, and clobbered people with $4000 rigs. Maybe time for new hobby..GI6

How physical is the course? I have a weak ankle due to numerous sprains on the tennis court in my younger years, I'm not that out of shape but running is out of the question for me.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, sounds interesting and not too far from me. Due to my eyes my highpower days seem to be numbered, but I was always a good scope shooter, hunted coyotes in AZ for 14 years and shot a few 1000 yard matches with a 22 inch flattop AR15 and a cheap Weaver scope, and clobbered people with $4000 rigs. Maybe time for new hobby..GI6

How physical is the course? I have a weak ankle due to numerous sprains on the tennis court in my younger years, I'm not that out of shape but running is out of the question for me.
No more demanding than a rifle match physically.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a few more shots one of the other guys posted on another site. Some outstanding equipment.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And some more

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last few

·
Registered