M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im so stoked brother I just scored a Preban M1A with all GI parts. The Barrel is TRW and the rest of the parts are HRN. It was made in 1989 and its like mint a safe queen. Im gonna turn this baby into a shooter real quick....

It came with 4 USGI Winchester mags M2 bipod and 400 rounds of Radway packed in the original brown ammo can.

Great way to start the year off....GI1

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yep, looks like 2011 is shaping up to be your year Cobra823. Sounds like a heckuva score on the all-GI rifle and gear. That RG ammo has always shot great through my GI barrels.

Post up some pic's and a range report for us when you get a chance.

Congrat's,
Todd

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Congratulation on the new member of the family. Get back to us with a range report when you can.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Im so stoked brother I just scored a Preban M1A with all GI parts. The Barrel is TRW and the rest of the parts are HRN. It was made in 1989 and its like mint a safe queen. Im gonna turn this baby into a shooter real quick....

It came with 4 USGI Winchester mags M2 bipod and 400 rounds of Radway packed in the original brown ammo can.

Great way to start the year off....GI1
Congrats but, Winchester mags you say? You mean they're marked OM? If they're W first make sure they are legit, if they are they were made by Westinghouse. Also scre on the bipod and Radway, the only thing I hate about the M14 is the price of ammo DI4

Have fun,

James

·
Registered
3,997 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Mags are marked OMGI6 The seller called me today and he said he found 2 more mags marked TRW, picking them up tomorrow.........I been on this forum few years now and read all the news on the bogus mags etc. Thanks for the heads up and glad to be in with a great crowd got to watch each others backs for sure.....

Here she is....Sweet as pie......Locked in a safe for 21 years poor girl......

Goin to the range tomorrow and check out how she cycles......GI5

Got to give a Big thanks to Warren for the tune up today...Thanks brother.....

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Cobra, this is great news. I am sure Different will want to see some pics of the infamous TRW mags, and me too. Please post when you get them. Congrats on a great find, a super looking stick !!!

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Back before the Klinton ban of 94 gun prices on so-called assault weapons went through the roof as many of the old timers will recall. Back then I had a Maunz NM M-14. I sold it for a really obscene profit just prior to the Sept 94 ban at a local gun shop who was buying up anything they could lay their hands on in the realm of one of the weapons about to be banned, for what we thought would be forever. I got rid of the NM M-14 because I wanted a rifle with a chrome lined barrel, since I'd bought up a lot of 7.62 NATO ammo over the years and I wanted a shooter that had a chrome lined barrel.

I used the proceeds to buy a NIB Springfield Armory for $800.00 out the door. It was constructed with US GI parts and it had a TRW bolt, Winchester barrel, TRW trigger group, TRW Op rod. I brought it home and hung it on the wall and to this day it has never been fired. I still have the box and all the paperwork. I got out of M-1A's for a while because I had real M-14's and M-16A-1s at the PD where I was the chief of police and I kept a TRW M-14 in my patrol car for many years. We have take home patrol cars at my agency and my M-14 came home with me every night. I got the M-14's and M-16A-1s for my department through the Feds 1033 program.

When I retired from law enforcement in 6-04 I of course had to turn my TRW M-14 back into the PD. I then built myself a TRW clone using a semi auto Poly Tech M-14 using TRW GI parts. I miss having the unlimited ammo and exotic weapons that my career as a LE firearms instructor afforded me, but being a retired cop is the best job I've ever had.

7th

·
Registered
749 Posts
The Mags are marked OMGI6 The seller called me today and he said he found 2 more mags marked TRW, picking them up tomorrow.........I been on this forum few years now and read all the news on the bogus mags etc. Thanks for the heads up and glad to be in with a great crowd got to watch each others backs for sure.....

Here she is....Sweet as pie......Locked in a safe for 21 years poor girl......

Goin to the range tomorrow and check out how she cycles......GI5

Got to give a Big thanks to Warren for the tune up today...Thanks brother.....

Oh no, that one's too nice to shoot......... ;) ...........just kidding! Let us know how she shoots!

Cass

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
"The seller called me today and he said he found 2 more mags marked TRW"

Those elusive TRW mags will probably be worth some $$. I've been shooting the M14 platform since the early '80's and have never seen a TRW mag.

Very pretty rifle you have there!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Good lookin rifle. I would love to see pics of these TRW mags when you get them.

Thanks.
Fragout

·
Registered
708 Posts
dcobra823,
Congrats on scoring a nice early SA. You are infinitely more blessed if you do indeed acquire TRW magazines. Rare as hens teeth doesn't begin to describe them. Please provide some quality photos like those you took of your rifle as they will be well received by all the aficionados of the M14 that frequent here. Take them apart too as TRW markings on the followers would help remove my doubts of possible fake external marks. Anxiously awaiting your pics. BANANA1

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Picked up the mags and found out they are marked KMT and BRW.

I guess the guy cant tell the difference between a B & T but they are both new maybe inserted once.

Thanks for the sweet compliments FolksGI2.

·
Registered
708 Posts
KMT and BRW are good USGI mags but.......sadly......not the much coveted, ever elusive TRW's. ICONSAD

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Both should be just dandy for fillin um up with some M80.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts