M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out you were right USMC. The pre drilled clip guide does not work on the original art mount. I will have to drill a military clip guide to make it work. I have the threaded insert to install from ironsight. Now to find a military clip guide.

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,621 Posts
ART scope mounting

Original GI M21 ART II scope mounts were installed on the standard GI clip guide which was drilled ant tapped for the second screw. Because of the variations in commercial receivers, each guide must be D&T on a individual basis to insure a proper fit. Pre drilled guides won't always work.
I offer this service for military M21 mounts. Keep in mind that the clip guide is a hardened part and requires special tooling to drill and tap.
The replacement mount that Leatherwood used for commercail sales scopes had a floating sleeve that allowed the rear screw to center properly. The last I heard, Leatherwood no longer offers this part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.