M14 Forum banner

Pre primed brass

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  33rdsignal 
#1 ·
I recently bought some preprimed brass from the Brassman. It's listed as Federal military nato primed brass.Is this going to cause me a problem when reloading and shooting in my M1A?Anyone ever bought and shot these?It was a combo pack 500 pre primed brass and 500 150 gr Hornady bullets that have the cannelure in the wrong place.Started wondering after reading about the soft Federal primers.

#2 ·
This comes up all the time about the cannelure. No issue no problem other than it looks Ugly. You are good to go.my SA loves the the Hornady 150gr bullets

#3 ·
I have some Federal "08" NATO primed brass that was "pulled" from Treadstone Ent.. Looks like someone at Federal got crazy with the neck sealant. I wire brush the sealant out of the necks and reshape the neck with my die.(remember to remove the decapping pin.) I do not resize the shoulder I only go down enough to round the necks out.
I have not had any problems with them, so you should be good to go.

Glenn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.